The race is officially on to be named one of Australia’s best brokers, after the top contenders for Victoria and Tasmania were announced.
The first batch of regional finalists for the NIBA Broker of the Year and Young Professional Broker of the Year were confirmed earlier this week.
Vying for Broker of the Year honours are:
- Bunmi Ajayi – Managing Director/CEO, Megalines Insurance & Risk Advisers (AR of Westcourt),
- Nigel Clutterbuck – Managing Director, Steadfast Taswide, and
- Teresa Westgarth – Manager Corporate, Arthur J. Gallagher.
Sponsored by Zurich, the national Broker of the Year Award winner receives an overseas travel and business development experience valued in the region of $20,000. InterRISK’s John Mutton won the national award in 2014.
Meanwhile, the contenders for the Vero-sponsored Young Professional Broker of the Year award are:
- Luke Chrzanowski – Account Manager, Tresidder Insurance Group,
- Damon Edwards – Operations Manager, Adroit Insurance Group, and
- Avi Tatarka – Sales and Marketing Manager, Scott Winton Insurance Brokers.
The winner of this award will go on to contest the national Warren Tickle Memorial Award, the winner of which claims a tailored personal and business development experience to the approximate value of $10,000. Willis’s Adele May claimed the title last year.
The Victoria/Tasmania award winners will be announced at the NIBA Victoria Industry Lunch on Friday 29 May, with the winners moving on to contest the national awards at the 2015 NIBA Convention in Melbourne this September.
Judging for the other NIBA regions takes place in May ahead of the award winners being announced at a series of gala events in July.